There is nothing really new to report, I am just out of work for the moment but I have to log in again in a few minutes so I can't go to bed. Figured I would update the blog a bit.
The days of insanity continue, but only for about 8 more weeks. Once school is out my schedule will be so much nicer, and then the husband of the lady I work for will retire at the end of June, and then it's down to only 1 full time job for the summer! :)
Speaking of summer, we had an awesome trip planned and hotels reserved for Washington DC and NYC, but I canceled all the reservations tonight. Boohoo. I hope we will be able to go next year, and we will even expand it with a trip to Maine maybe to see Dee's sister who is moving there in August. The cancellation had to happen because of money - not enough of it to go around! We ended up owing more than $1500 in taxes which we were not planning on, and have also felt like we should go to Utah this summer which we also were not planning on. So instead of the East Coast it will be the Intermountain West again, but we will be with family and friends so it will be great. The girls and I will spend a whole month there. Dee will drive out and back with us but will fly home for a few weeks to work. Someone has to pay the bills!
Other than that, nothing new really. I feel like a zombie most days. My eye is STILL giving me major issues and I have just about decided to just forget about it and live with it, as I have been doing now for 4 years. We have tried:
-change in contact Rx
-fish oil
-eyelid washes
-hot packs
-cold packs
-no contacts
-no makeup
-probes and flushes (x3 or 4...lost count)
-steroid drops
-antibiotic drops
-oral antibiotics
-different steroid drops
-ENT consult
-nasal rinses
-nasal steroids
Three optometrists, two ophthalmologists, an ophthalmology plastic surgeon, an ENT, and several thousand wasted dollars later we are no better off today than we were 4 years ago. Plus I am uglier, as I have to wear glasses all the time and no makeup. Talk about frump. :/
On a positive note, I have started to lose the weight I gained back after my HCG experiment went horribly wrong. Six pounds down! _____ to go!
The kids are doing great. School is good.
That about sums it up. Now back to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Glad you updated! Sorry about your change in plans for your summer vacation.
If it makes you feel any better, I am still writing my weekly post and Blogger changed unexpectedly on me...
Post a Comment