I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - only 7 weeks of school left, and 9 weeks left at my other job! With full-day kindergarten next year, even if I end up working crossing guard again I will not be working more than 35 hours over the summer and 45 next school year. Do you know how fabulous that sounds after a school year of working 60-63 hours a week? Divine!
Today I have been thinking about all of the things I have been wanting to do - all of the ways I have let myself go - all of the things that I cannot wait to do again. You may think I am lying about some of these things but they are really things that I have done very little of over the past year.
On a lighter note:
1. Pluck my eyebrows (seriously, at least 6 months since I've done that)
2. Get a haircut (hmmm...4 months maybe)
3. Shave my legs (once in probably 9 months lol) On another note, my leg hair has almost completely stopped growing. I have heard this is a sign of menopause. We can only hope.
4. Clean out my closet. I must have 4 different sizes of clothes in there right now, as I have lost and gained _____ pounds since January of last year (down 10 again now!). I need to find a size, stick with it, and get rid of everything else.
5. Start exercising again. (Okay, who are we kidding. It's just "start exercising")
6. Watch at least some of the approximately 30 hours of DVR shows I have recorded
7. Upload all the photos from my camera...probably at least since last September since I did that.
8. Get my mom a family picture and put new pics of the kids on the blog. While I'm at it, I suppose I could change the background too. :)
On a more serious note:
1. Connect with my kids more about school, music, and growing up girl stuff.
2. Connect with my husband more about everything.
3. Connect with my friends. Make some friends. Spend more time with the friends I have. Serve my friends.
4. Get files/finances/office/life in order.
5. Go to the temple. Don't even want to say how long that has been.
6. Take my health seriously. Lose the weight for real. Get a good physical. Research and find good doctors and lay it all out on the table and get it figured out.
7. Implement some family habit stuff I have really had on my mind.
8. Look for another job. No, not ANOTHER job. A DIFFERENT job. One. Good. Job.
9. Be a better visiting teacher.
10. Be one of the first people others think of when they need something - instead of thinking I'm too busy to help or care, I hope I can show that I do care and I would love to help.
I am sure there is a lot more. Unfortunately, my currently frazzled brain cannot go there tonight. I want my brain back.
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love your list! Have fun implementing some of them (time and a season and all that).
The main thing I am looking forward to: in 4 weeks we will be together again as a family and the packing ordeal will be over! After I survive that, then I will create my own list... :)
Lofty goals, girl! You'll make it. I have this book, "Women's Bodies, Woman's Wisdom" by Dr. Christiane Northrup (she was on Oprah back in the day). anyway, she has some good information. Both you and Bonnie should read it. It does get a little weird in some spots - kind of the newage thing - although they are finding out a lot about our bodies electrical systems and such, so there is probably truth in it. Maybe the library has it or you can borrow mine. All I know is that about 90 o/o if my health problems started out as hormonal problems and I'd sure like to go back and change some of my crap! Good luck with everything.
I am familiar with Dr. Northrup - I even have one of her books (not sure it is the same one but similar...about hormones.) I know my hormones are messed up.
I am familiar with Dr. Northrup - I even have one of her books (not sure it is the same one but similar...about hormones.) I know my hormones are messed up.
Post a Comment