Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A quick fall update

I know it's not officially fall, but it feels like it! Which means school has begun. Here our the pics of our first day:Sis is starting middle school this year. She has been very nervous about conquering a schedule, a locker, a bigger school, a lot of people she doesn't know. The night before school started, I wasn't sure we were going to make it without a battle - but she had a blessing and Dee helped her with some relaxation techniques, and she woke up the first day of school with a smile on her face and hasn't given me a moment's trouble. She has a friend from the ward in all of her classes but one, and a friend from her elementary school in all of those same classes as well. She's doing great and expecting an excellent year! Oh, and she's playing percussion in the band. Pray for us. :)

I guess you have noticed by now that there was a walking stick on our front door the first day of school. Of course all the girls wanted their pics with him. Here is Lou, ready for her first day. Lou was lucky enough not only to get her friend from the ward in her class again, but also another friend from last year. She says her teacher is so nice that she is almost too nice! Yay for nice teachers and friends in your class!

Not only does Pippy have several friends from last year in her class, but she also has Blake. Pippy and Blake have quite the love/hate relationship, as evidenced last year when she came home most days either saying how she hated Blake or Blake was her boyfriend. Lucky, aren't we, to have him in her class again? Pray for us. :)
In other news: One reason I have not blogged much lately is because I have been working night and day to finish my transcription class. I had a Sept. 30 deadline or I would have to pay to extend, and I was NOT going to let that happen. So, I have been typing, typing, and more typing, and....drumroll! I am done!! Or almost done. I have my final on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. There is a high fail rate the first time taking the final, and I'm nervous about that, but I'm just going to shut out the world on those 2 days and do my best. I'll plan to take it again on the 28th and 29th (I have to wait 2 weeks in between), but will cancel that second time if I pass the first (I won't have the results for at least a week). Technically you can take the final up to 3 times, but since my program expires on 9/30 I'll only be able to take it twice. If I fail twice, then oh well. I'm not paying to extend it again.
I haven't been thrilled with this program and most likely would not recommend it to others - but if it gets me a job then I'll just chalk it up to experience and be glad it is finished.
Since I finished all of the reports on Thursday, I've actually had time to do a few things for myself. I picked up a book for the first time in like a year! I am reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. So far I am having a really hard time getting into it. I'm going to give it some time though because it did come recommended. Hope I'll like it more than I did the Twilight series.
Not sure if I reported this yet, but Dee has had some shuffling around in his church assignments. He was released from his dream Primary pianist calling and put in as 1st assistant in High Priests. He additionally was assigned to work in the temple and will be doing that on Saturday mornings. He as of now still is accompanying the ward choir as well. As for me, I'm still in the YW but have been subbing a lot in Primary, and now as RS chorister. It's been kind of fun to hop around a bit.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Good luck with your test! Here's to hoping that you pass on the first time!

Mama D said...

Hooray for a good start to the school year!

Best of luck on your test! Hope you will be proud of your effort after it is over.

Stick with The Host. It gets better! (And it is nothing like the Twilight series.)

Mililani said...

Ang. I just showed g'ma your blog. This way she keeps up with your family. Love the updates