Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lunch with a friend...

Over 17 years ago, I met the most amazing person. It was my first day as a missionary in Oregon, and my companion told me we had a second discussion with "D" and she wanted me to challenge her to be baptized. I kind of thought it was a joke, which is probably why I went into with confidence, but that night I asked her to baptized and she said yes. Here we are at her baptism - 17-1/2 years ago!!
Today, we finally saw each other in person again! It was awesome. I have lived here for over a year, and I knew she lived here too - for months we have said we needed to get together, but we set up a few lunch dates and things always came up. Today it finally all came together, and here we are today:

She lives in a neighboring stake and is still as firm in her testimony as ever. Our lives connect in so many other ways, weird coincidences some might say. As for us, we see God's hand in it from the timing of my mission to the reasons she was in Oregon, to me moving here, to the job I am working. It's all connected and it blows my mind a little bit! We are definitely going to get together more, we already have a lunch date set for October.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That sounds like an amazing experience. Really cool!

Jennifer said...

Very cool! Love the 80s hairdos!

Mama D said...

Awesome experience! I'm so glad you two can reconnect in person now!