Saturday, July 24, 2010

Girl's Camp 2010 - Knights in Shining Armor

Can you believe I did not take even 1 picture? I was so busy for most of the time, plus I figured there would be plenty of pics taken by others that I could admire.

I am trying to remember the last time I went to girl's camp. I'm pretty sure it was either 25 or 26 years ago. Isn't that nuts? This was such a different experience than I remember - first of all, cabins and showers and toilets that flush! So much better than the outhouses of the olden days!

Our camp theme was "Knights in Shining Armor", and it supported our mutual theme for 2010 to be "strong and of a good courage". I don't have the time, energy, or memory to go into all of the details, but I'll just say that I am so amazed at the camp leader and assistant and all that they did to make camp such a success. I was spiritually uplifted and I know the girls were as well. It was fun, it was spiritual, it was challenging, friendships were made - all the things that camp should be.

Those of you who know me well know that camping is not my thing (although I realize this is not quite "authentic camping" which does make it easier!) I still tend to think we could have awesome experiences in air conditioned buildings and without our misquito friends, but I'm grateful for the experience to be in nature and especially to be around strong and courageous young women and their leaders. It's an experience I'll never forget.

Thanks mom and Alexa for coming to stay with my kids. It was so good to know that they were having fun and in good hands!

1 comment:

Mama D said...

I'm so glad camp was such a good experience for you! The first time I went as an adult leader, I also saw the changes from when I had gone as a youth... and they were all good things. An excellent camp director and other leaders who know how to train the youth leaders make all the difference!!