Thursday, July 29, 2010

Then and Now: Family Room

I had completely forgotten about this "Then and Now" project! LOL I am losing my mind. Anyway, here we are back at it, just a few more rooms to go!

This is the family room. There were a lot of things wrong with it! (these pics are from when we were moving in so the mess doesn't help, but you get the idea!)



5 Things I hated about this room and how I have fixed them on a very tight budget:
1. Walls (painted them a cozy green)
2. Fireplace mantle (painted it white for now - hopefully soon will build a whole new one!)
3. Ugly fake wood in fireplace (took it out and replaced it with candles)
4. No window treatments (energy efficient curtains on sale - supposed to help with the heating bill too!).
5. Cupboards between this room and the kitchen (gone! okay, so a few holes where we didn't really intend because of it, but I still thinks it looks better even before we get the cabinets fixed)

No comments: