Today marks 1 year that we have been in our home. When I look back on it, I still consider it such a miracle that we were even able to get into anything considering how much we lost in Louisiana. So, when I complain about my house, I try to keep in my mind the gratitude I have for even being here in the first place. We were truly blessed to have this work out. Truly blessed.
Having said that, my goal today for the "10 Projects in 10 Days" was to make a list of everything that I would like to still do in the house. WHEW! There is a lot - like 75 items or something like that. Taking out those things that are common between rooms (wood floors need to be refinished, ceilings need to be painted, need to replace all interior doors and closet doors, etc.) there are probably still around 50 things. Most of these things are not cheap. I would say at this point we have pretty much done what we can without a chunk of change, and the rest will have to wait (with the exception of painting the ceilings and the trim outside the house...that is relatively cheap but labor intensive).
To prove to myself the progress we have made, I'm going to go room-by-room and show before (if I have them) and after pics, and list those things we'd still like to do in those rooms (from the infamous "project list").
I am so grateful to be in a home, warts and all.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment