Project update: Two days into the "10 Projects in 10 Days" experiment, I am 100% compliant! Project on day 1 was going through all the girl's closets and drawers (I do this about every 6 months so it wasn't too bad). Day 2 was doing the same for myself and Dee. That was a bit harder as I don't know what things of his I can throw away. But I think I did pretty well, and all of our closets and drawers are organized!
I wanted to recommend a cookbook that I recently learned about from a friend. I had a credit with Amazon.com so used it to order this:
Now Eat This by Rocco DiSpirito
So far I have tried 4 recipes, and have savored every one:
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Asparagus and Cauliflower
Roasted Chicken Burritos with Corn and Black Beans
Chinese Chicken Salad
(Hmmmm...they are all chicken recipes, maybe I should branch out!)
All recipes in the book have less than 350 calories per serving. I am telling you, you will not notice that the fattening ingredients have been replaced. It's that good.
With the roasted chicken burritos, I made this couscous salad - most excellent:
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 cup couscous
Bring the chicken broth to a boil, then add the couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together:
2 Tbsp lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp red wine vinegar
Add to vinagrette:
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/3 cup chopped cilantro (I probably used more like 1/2 cup because we love cilantro)
2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Fluff the couscous with a fork and mix couscous, dressing, and vegetables until coated.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thanks for the recommendation! I read cookbooks like novels, so I love recommendations. Everything sounds really tasty.
And way to go on your projects. You inspired me and I have been chipping away at my list, but I think I need a firmer commitment. :o)
Post a Comment