Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Post of Scattered Thoughts

There is nothing much to say...so here is some randomness from the last while.

-D & A finally celebrated their anniversary by getting their membership warehouse cards and seeing Avatar. (Don't you DARE tell us we are boring....we already knew that.)
-Avatar...ho hum. The special effects were awesome, if you are into that kind of thing (I'm not, really). The story was...um...Dances With Wolves for aliens. Nothing original. Overly political. Bleh. It will probably win Best Picture though. And "unobtainium"? ARE THEY FREAKING SERIOUS???
-Membership warehouses. Well, our previous one expired, but we had a gift membership opportunity so we took it. I am still trying to figure out why I want to pay for membership to a place where the prices are not any better - and usually worse - than other places. So far I haven't found anything there that I can't find cheaper somewhere else. Okay, Wiis are $2 less than I could find online (but more than they've been on sale for at other stores). Milk - almost $2...can almost always find it for less somewhere else. Bread - over $2...can DEFINITELY find that cheaper. On and on. The one thing I do like is it's easier to buy bigger quantities...convenience I suppose. But overall, if it weren't for free membership this year, we wouldn't have done it. I do like the samples though.
-Daisy, daisy, lazy daisy! This dog likes to SLEEP! She is very energetic when she's awake but she does sleep a lot. She loves her new family very much and they love her. A certain girl we call "A" gets very upset at night when Daisy doesn't want to sleep on her bed. Daisy has stayed on E's bed, and M's bed, and under M's bed...but usually on the sheet-covered couch in our room - but the one place she will not go is on A's bed, and A does not like that AT ALL! Daisy gets a little sad in the mornings when the girls leave for school. She has the saddest little whine when the door closes. But it doesn't last long, and she's happy dog again. Happy and sleepy.
-I am getting oh. so. close. to finishing my dumb class. I will be so glad when it is over, and I can get a little job.
-New camera with video capabilities for Christmas...and yet I've hardly used it. I need to get out that owner's manual and figure out how to really use it, but that might wait due to the "dumb class" referenced above. Trying to get that DONE.
-I need to write another article for MM. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Mama D said...

Wow, milk for $2?! It is about $3 gallon here. Eggs are more expensive than we're used to, as well. Hmm, I guess it's dairy products in general. (However, rent is about 1/3 what it was in OH. I guess it's a trade-off!)

Hope you finish your class soon!

McQuivey said...

I'm glad you are getting close to finishing up your school, it is a doozy!!! NOTHING I do now is as hard as the school was, which I bet is their whole objective. My problem is now I have forgotten all the hard stuff and just remember the easy stuff I do now!

Bonnie said...

maneuvering life's winding road or taking things in stride--there are a couple topics for your article.