All 4 of our parent's birthdays
Both of our birthdays
Our anniversary
Doug's parent's anniversary (same day as ours!)
M's birthday
Really, other than A's birthday in June and E's birthday in July, EVERYTHING in our family happens between January and April. So...here's a few of our events:
Sunday was our anniversary - twelve years of wedded bliss! We share the anniversary with Doug's parents, I'm sure they love us for that, lol. Hey, it was a date that worked, what can I say? For some reason I cannot find the wedding pics that I thought were saved here, so I'll just post a picture of the temple we were married in, the Mt. Timpanogos temple. We visited there this summer and took this picture then:
Today is my dad's birthday. I won't give away his age...okay I will. He's 61 today! Happy birthday dad, and his baby brother twin Uncle Roy! He is such a great dad and grandpa, here is a picture of him, I believe this is holding my nephew Holden after Holden's baby blessing about a year and half ago.
...which brings me to ANOTHER anniversary. Twenty years ago this month my dad had a major heart attack and we darn near lost him. I was home from college for Christmas break, but my mom and brother and I had gone out to Salt Lake that day for some appointments. It was a horrible snow storm that day, and I know dad was worried about us driving home in it, but when we got home, he wasn't there. My brother Paul told us that he was at the hospital, they thought he'd had a heart attack. We ran back to the car, and it wouldn't start. Looking back on it, it was pretty much a comedy of errors, the entire thing!! We called a neighbor, and he ran us to the hospital. When I first saw my dad I didn't think he was going to make it, honestly. When he finally gained consciousness, his first words to me were to make sure I picked up his check and deposited it, and paid the bills. Yep, that's my dad! Anyway, long story short, he got so excited yelling at his BYU basketball team that he gave himself a heart attack - my sister found him, tried to get him to the car, he passed out, my brother Ryan had to carry him to the car, my sister drove like a madwoman in a blizzard 10 miles into town, and they saved him. Pretty amazing actually. So many things that could have gone wrong that day, but it all worked out. They eventually took him to Salt Lake, but there was nothing that could be done at that point - that portion of his heart was "dead"...luckily, he was young (not yet 41) and strong, and was able to recover from it. Anyone else it probably would have killed.
A few years later, when I was on my mission, I got a call from my mission president saying that he had had ANOTHER heart attack. This one wasn't as big, but he would need bypass surgery. I felt oddly at peace that time, honestly I never really worried about it. I knew he would be okay. Bypass and recovery...and 20 years after this all started, he's still here with us and going strong. Happy birthday dad!
In honor of his birthday, he is taking the day off today and taking my mom, her mom, and her sister to Las Vegas to look for a family grave. If he can spend an entire day with those girls, this tells you a lot about what a great guy he is (MOM, do not get mad for me saying that, lol!)
Anyway, happy birthday dad, happy anniversary Doug's parents, happy anniversary me and D. Time for celebrations!
Oh, and everyone has been asking about Daisy. She's fantastic. Really, she has been such a good dog. Sheds a little more than I'd like but other than that she is really a sweetheart and is adjusting well to her new home. She has had one very naughty incident...I'm still so upset about it I can't even talk about it. But it was kind of my fault for trusting her to be alone out of her crate. No potty accidents, really sweet disposition. We made a great choice with Daisy.



1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday! Happy Eventful Months! :)
Post a Comment