I had to laugh. On Sunday when I walked into church, a friend said she had heard something and wanted to know if it was true - was I expecting??
Our kids go to school together. Something her kids heard from my kids gave that idea. I've been trying to think what it could have been. I think I solved the mystery.
For the record, no I am not expecting. After my third pregnancy and all the complications it brought, we are no longer able to have children. In the six 1/2 years since then, from time to time we've considered adoption - but never seriously yet.
Since the earthquake in Haiti, a couple of times I've told D I want him to go get me some Haitian babies to adopt. It's not really serious. We don't have the financial means right now to adopt, and adoptions coming out of Haiti are going to be even more difficult now that things are in shambles. But D had talked about going down to help (he speaks French) and I told him to just sneak me some babies home on the way back. Could my kids have heard this and starting spreading the word? Oh my.
Anyway, no new babies for the Gardners. If the right adoption opportunity occurred and we could afford it, I'd definitely consider it, but I don't feel the "pull" that some people describe when their family doesn't feel complete. Mine kind of does feel complete as it is. Not ruling anything out though...
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
OH BOY, I got a really excited for a couple of minuets....well, good luck with the girls keeping everything said in the house...IN the house! This was just too funny.
Post a Comment