...lazy for today anyway. Actually, this whole week. I haven't been feeling all that great, and I've been hooked on the computer following this Susan Powell thing, and haven't done much of anything else. Normally I'm a productive person. Really. So here are my lame musings:
1 - My thyroid meds are not working. They quit making Armour which worked wonderfully for me, so I was switched, and my thyroid numbers are now through the roof worse than they have ever been. So I feel a little drained from that I think. Saw the doctor this week and she doubled my dose, but now I'm feeling all anxious and shaky. Also catching the kid's colds. Bleh.
2 - I don't think I'll send out Christmas cards this year. I was intending to, in fact I was going to get out today and get that all done and things in the mail...but then D's battery was dead this morning, and rather than waiting for him to jumpstart it, I just had him use the other car, so I've stayed home all day and done none of that stuff. For that matter, probably no neighbor/friend gifts either. Or teachers. Also need to shop (for groceries, thankfully not Christmas). Bleh.
3 - This is becoming a very bleh-ing post, huh? :-)
4 - Susan Powell. I do not know why I have such a fascination with cases like this. Maybe because I saw a bit of the fallout from the Tina Eubanks murder, but these kinds of things just irk me to no end, especially when it is so glaringly obvious who is responsible. I just keep praying that Josh Powell will soften his heart and do some talkin'.
5 - My washer and dryer stink. Since we moved in, the dryer catches clothes in it and ruins them if not caught soon enough. Thankfully it's always the lightest thing in the load that gets caught, which is usually a sock, so we haven't lost anything of major importance. Then about a month ago, something happened with the timer thingie. While the dryer does run, you can never tell what cycle it is really in or when it will stop. Thus, I've had countless loads of laundry that I thought were drying, only to find out that the dryer had stopped and they are still wet...and then I have to try, try again. NOW the washer is giving me issues. It won't drain or spin in the most common cycle I use. So, I've had to switch to a different cycle, where it does work - most of the time. Sometimes I'll still go in there to find my clothes sitting in water, and I have to run the spin cycle again. We have a home warranty on these items, but have to pay $60 per item for them to come look at them and they are old and useless anyway. I want new ones but that won't happen for awhile. So yeah, laundry has been a tedious process lately. Bleh.
Speaking of which, the kids are now home and I need to help them put away the last week's worth of slowly accumulating folded laundry. Things are getting done around here, it's just happening at a very slow rate right now. Bleh.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm sorry about your blehs. I really feel for you with the dryer. Our dishwasher is on the fritz. I can't stand appliances that don't work!! I hope things get better.
Post a Comment