So yesterday the school called and said A was sick and that my friend was on the way to get her (I had been out running errands for about an hour and my cell phone is gone!) Apparently she told the teacher she had a sore throat, and the office read her temp at 100.5, so home she goes!I hurried and called my friend to let her know I was home, and picked A up from school. She didn't want any medicine, but took a good nap and seemed to feel better when she woke up. We took her temp a few times and the highest it ever was was 100.1. I gave her ibuprofen before bed so she'd sleep better, and she had a pretty good night, and I haven't given her any more meds and she's seemed fine all day. Problem is, she can't go to school until 24 hours fever free, so she's home with me today!
Oh boy, we are having FUN!
I've actually continued working on all my little projects while she rests on the couch in my room. Every once in awhile I'd hear weird noises in there, only to go check on her to find out she was dancing and singing to whatever was on the tv at the time.
Once she came running in to the bathroom (where I was painting) and she was totally panting and had a reddish face - I thought - oh no, her fever is back big time! I asked her what was wrong and she said, 'my heart is racing!'. Okay, really freaking me out now...so I stepped off my ladder and put my hand on her forehead, and she started laughing and said, "mom, don't freak out, I'm just exercising!!" I asked her what she was doing for exercise and she said she'd been jumping on the couch for exercise. Nice.
So off she runs again, and a few minutes later I hear her yelling for me to help. I hurry and run in there, and she is stuck down in the couch - after I told her that jumping on my couch wasn't the best form of exercise, she stopped for a few minutes but then decided it was okay after all, and got her leg stuck down in between the cushion and the arm. She was not hurt. She was just stuck.
When I finally finished the bathroom, I told her to get dressed and I'd take her to 7-11 for a slurpee. She got dressed in black stretch pants and a yellow t-shirt and then came downstairs and said, "Mom, my invisible friend Diamond told me that I shouldn't wear this because yellow doesn't go with black." I told her she looked fine. She said, "Yeah, that's what I told Diamond. I said 'yes, yellow and black do too look good together'" and Diamond said, "Oh, yeah they do, especially on you!" LOL!
This is the first I've ever heard of Diamond. I asked if Diamond has been around long and she said yes, she lives here and has since we moved in. Diamond also has brothers. I asked her Diamond's brother's names and she said Jacob, John, and the other one she didn't want to say, "because I am in love with him." I told her she could go ahead and tell me, and she said, "Ryan" and then started laughing and ran out.
Maybe this fever is getting to her a little bit after all.
She just came in here to take her temp again (normal) and she does have these odd bumps. They are not red, just raised skin - mostly on her face but all over a little bit. I've never seen that before in any of my kids. Anyone?



No comments:
Post a Comment