Friday, November 6, 2009

A new bathroom!

I do not consider myself to be an incredibly fickle person...so I can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time sticking with a "look" in this house! Today I transformed the bathroom AGAIN. Here are the stages of our "New Orleans bathroom"

Stage 1: which can only be described as "awful". Pink flowered wall paper and pink countertops.
Stage 2: Blue paint (which turned out a little more baby bluish than I wanted it.) I eventually also stenciled a cream-colored fleur-de-lis around the room which was really cute. Did I not take a picture of that? Anyway, here is the first remodel:



Stage 3: I painted the laminate counters to look like fake granite (those pics were posted a day or two ago). I had some green paint left over and decided to get rid of the blue I was never very happy with, and this is our final (or should I say "current" result.)

Goodbye blue paint and fleur-de-lis!
The new, almost finished bathroom! I say almost finished because I ran out of paint 1/2 way through the last wall. I had hoped I could squeeze that out of that little can, but it didn't happen. More paint, then DONE! I'm really going to call it done this time.

On another note, I'm finding myself not that happy with the dominant brown faux granite in the kitchen. I'm re-thinking that one before I seal it. I might as well change my mind now as a few weeks from now, right?

2 comments:

Mama D said...

You've had a busy week! Your bathroom looks nice; I like the look of the granite. Would the black be too dark in your kitchen? Would it be too different than the rest of your dominant brown in the kitchen? Anyway, it looks great!

Good luck with the sick child. I've had one home sick this week, too.

Mililani said...

It looks great. Way to go guys.