Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November 24 Blessings

I just noticed I put November 23rd twice. Oops, one of those should have been the 22nd.

Anyway, today was a weird day. I haven't vacuumed my floor for 3 weeks because my vacuum has been broken. I definitely thought I should vacuum before my in-laws get here tomorrow, so I called the manufacturer and they pretty much told me that it was the motor and that I should return it. So, I went to Walmart to return it, but they didn't have the same one so I upgraded to a better one, got it home and put it together, and it didn't work either! So I called the manufacturer again and once again they said I should take it back. By this time, the girls were home from school (1/2 day today), so we decided to go back to Walmart yet again - and take in a movie while we were down there because I'm trying to keep them from messing up the house as much as possible!

So, we took in the $5 matinee of "Planet 51". Skip it. It's not that entertaining, cute, or funny, and has lots of crude humor in it. I didn't care for it.

Finally I came home and put together my 2nd vacuum for the day, and this one worked!! So, I vacuumed the stairs, upstairs, living room, and dining room. That just leaves the toy room and my bedroom. Almost done!

By the time I finished that, it was almost time for YW so I told the kids to get themselves a bowl of cereal for dinner (I know, mom of the year!) and got my assignment ready for the little YW dinner we were doing...and off we went.

Now home watching DWTS. Go Donny!

So to sum up my day: I put together vacuums, spent time on the phone with vacuum manufacturers, repackaged vacuums, waited in the returns line at Walmart, and vacuumed some floors. Then had some fun with the YW.

Blessings:
1. Finally, a working vacuum!
2. Visitors coming tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mama D said...

Everything counts when you're counting blessings!

We need a vacuum, too. What kind did you get? And do you like it (beyond the 'hooray for a working vacuum' aspect)?