Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving!

I did not get a chance to post yesterday - it ended up being busier than I thought. That happens when you put things off until the last minute (he he he!). But yesterday, I was very grateful for modern conveniences. They make the cooking and cleaning so much easier!

Here we are today at Thanksgiving dinner. You can't see it, but John and Doug were able to get the gas fireplace working, so we had a fire going too. Very cozy:
The girls wanted to take a goofy pose...as always:
Mmm...the best part of Thanksgiving - PIES!!! Clockwise from top left: Store-bought sugar free cherry, store-bought pumpkin, home-made coconut cream (Lion House recipe, yum), and home-made apple (Bonnie's recipe, the best ever). Which do you think were best? That's right, the apple and coconut by far. I usually make home-made pumpkin, but pumpkin was hard to find this year and I always manage to make a mess with them, so I just left it to Marie Callendar's this time.
Today I am very thankful for our country, and our freedoms here. I love Thanksgiving, it is one of my favorite holidays. It's a lot of baking and cooking but I enjoy that, it's kind of relaxing in a way and I should probably do it more! I'm also grateful that D's parents were able to travel here safely and that we were able to have them here to give thanks with us. We have some fun things planned for tomorrow (and it does NOT involve shopping!) :-)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Mama D said...

What a lovely table you set! I'm glad you had such an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

And IMO, if you're buying pies, Marie Callendar is the way to go!

Mama D said...

I wanted to ask, Angie: is your internet provider still from LA? Someone from Homer, LA checks my blog regularly, and you are the only one I know from there. Just wondering...

Angie said...

Michelle, I don't think that's me. I do check your blog regularly but our provider is AT&T and should be come up from Michigan. I'm not even sure where Homer LA is! Maybe just someone who stumbled upon it and found it so fascinating they had to keep checking in! :-)