Boy, this blogging every day thing is hard! One more week of it and then I can be a slacker again.
Today I did something I have not ever done, I think! I went to a movie all by myself. I've been wanting to see "This Is It", and it will be out of the theatres before I get a chance to go if I didn't go today.
It was great. It gave me a whole new respect for Michael Jackson as an artist. He's still a pretty odd guy, but man to watch him dance and sing it was amazing. Such a performer! Very sad to lose him at a young age.
After the movie, I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some stuff for my kitchen. They were having some awesome sales today, and I got a rooster plate, a flower arrangement and some ribbon for $4.99!! Score! While I was waiting in line, I heard a bit of a commotion beside me, and turned to see an older lady crashing into the shelves on her way to the ground. The lady with her started freaking out and she slipped too (I think trying to catch her), and broke her eyeglasses. Someone called an ambulance, and the paramedics were there before I even made it to the front of the line (I don't think I've ever had a quick checkout experience at Hobby Lobby!) I could hear the paramedics talking to her and it sounds like she might have had a stroke. She sure didn't look conscious to me as she was falling - she said she was numb on one side, and she also said her side really hurt, the paramedics think she broke some ribs on her way down. Those paramedics were so fast though. The whole thing happened while I was in line! By the time I left the store, they were loading her into the ambulance. Hope she's okay, it was very sad.
After that, I finished up my Thanksgiving shopping at Meijer and then came home and sorted through 5 boxes that I've been avoiding. Only about 5 more of those to go!
So, today I am grateful for:
1. Musical and dancing genious. I'm not a very star-struck person, but MJ was the real deal. It's fun to watch.
2. Emergency personnel. Man, they were so fast and efficient! Good to know they are there for us.
3. My grandmas. Seeing that poor woman fall just made me realize even more how lucky I am to still have both of my grandmothers living.
4. Productive days. Despite "playing" half the day at the movies and the store, I got a lot done. The rest of my house is disaster...but something I've been putting off (actually, for literal years - I never unpacked those boxes when we moved to Louisiana!) is done!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment