Tonight I went to a fireside by the guy who wrote "Mafia to Mormon." He has a very interesting story to tell, I need to read that book now.
Our family was supposed to do a musical number in church today. Two of my three kids are still coughing a bunch, and I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat and headache and figured I was heading that way too (knock on wood - so far so good). So, I canceled it. I could just see us getting up there and trying to sing and then busting out in coughing fits. The lucky thing is, I have a talented husband who can put together a piano solo really quickly and he filled in for our family. In all honesty, his piano solo was probably a lot better than our singing would have been.
I left after Sacrament meeting. I wanted to hear Doug's piece so we got up and ready, but considering this is a holiday week and I didn't really want to make other people sick or pick up anything else going around there (I swear, most of our ward is sick right now), I brought the kids home early.
Therefore, blessings today:
1. Conversion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It changes lives.
2. Substitutes!
3. Getting a couple of (gospel-related) things done in the few hours I would have been at church.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Way to go! Finding blessings among illness and other difficulties is a gift!
Post a Comment