Blessings in story format today:
I got a ton done today, so I am grateful for productivity.
My kitchen is no longer red. I'm kinda sad about it. Here's the deal though - while I liked the look, I had used a flat paint (bad idea in a kitchen FYI) and it was already beat up after only a few months. It was going to need a new coat...and then with the new darker countertops, it just looked too dark. So, I painted it the same somewhat dull neutral that is in much of the rest of the house - dried wheat I think it's called. I admit it probably looks better, but somehow red makes it feel homey in here, so I miss that.
Doug took a half day off to repair the drywall where we ripped out the cabinets so that I could finish painting that room 100%. So I'm grateful for his willingness to do that. HOWEVER, he did not repair the drywall. Instead, he spent....um, quite a while...watching videos online of how to repair drywall. I know he wants to do it right so I'm trying to be patient - not one of my virtues. On the plus side, he did make a deposit that needed to be done, got some supplies for me that I needed at Lowe's, and painted the highest parts of our vaulted ceilings in the dining room because the height freaks me out.
I finished, 100% (except the ceiling, of which I'm going to do the whole house at once at some point) the dining room!! I have been putting this room off because I didn't know what to do with it. It is separated by a half-wall from our bedroom so I need to coordinate with that. In the end, I used the rest of the brown paint from the countertops to paint two accent walls brown, and the other two walls are the neutral that is everywhere else. I like it, I suppose. I'm not really a brown person...it's just so...brown. But I have a brown accent rug under the dining room table, so I thought it would look nice, and I think it does. I also did all of the trim and the doors in there with a nice white, and it's DONE!! No pics yet because I need muscles to help move the china cabinet back, and then I'll decorate some, then snap some photos. But trust me, it's done, and it looks okay.
So, in a nutshell, painting was my day. I'm thankful for paint!
Sadly, I think I'm only about 1/2 way done with the painting that I need to do in this house! Ugh!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You are so productive! Could you use some red as an accent in your kitchen, so you could have the touch of homey-ness without the touch-up and too-dark problems?
Post a Comment