Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dining Room

Here is my very brown dining room. I moved the china hutch from another wall - I bought this dining set from my grandma when she moved this summer. I bought the rug a few weeks ago at Aldi's (it is a super cheap rug, but we hardly use this room so it's okay.), and the art above the fireplace today at Home Goods for $20. I used the leftover brown paint from the countertops to do the accent walls dark brown, and I'm calling it done!

Except, I want some nice drapes someday. Heavy drapes to help with the chill would be nice, because this addition to the house is FREEZING! Almost the whole thing is doorwalls, and the gas fireplace we have not been able to get working yet.

Also, I have to give myself and M a big pat on the back, because we moved that hutch by ourselves. Our muscles (aka D) is in Pittsburgh until late tonight, and patience is not one of my virtues. Girl power! Michelle, to answer your question about red accents - yes, I do have some red I'm including. I should have pics of the kitchen soon. I hung all the decor back up this morning and it doesn't look as stark as I thought it would.

1 comment:

Mama D said...

I like it! Can't wait to see your finished kitchen.

I love how "put together" your house is looking. I'm just not talented in that arena...