Saturday, November 7, 2009

Blessing - Novembr 6 & 7

Oops, I missed a day of blessings list, so we'll do a 2-for-1 deal here.

Yesterday what made me grateful is to have a kid who always makes me smile. Except when she makes me crazy. But usually she makes me smile.

Today, the highlight was the WEATHER! It was such a beautiful day. Really, the first truly fall-feeling, crisp, blue-sky, beautiful day since we left Utah. So, today I am thankful for the SEASONS! We are glad to welcome the seasons back!

We took advantage of the great weather to get a lot of outside stuff done. We had so many leaves in our yard. Last week's cold and wind brought most of them down. I think we counted 9 bags full?

I also got the garage cleaned out and organized somewhat. Threw a bunch of stuff away that the previous owners left, and that felt great! We also filled up our big water-storage containers and put up the hose for the winter. I was planning to move some hostas somewhere else and plant bulbs in their place, but the day got away from me. We are supposed to have good weather almost all of next week, so maybe that's a Monday project?

This picture epitomizes both day's blessings: a funny kid and beautiful weather!







1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I can relate to the leaves. I have a forrest in my back yard. I have taken 12 bags of leaves to the compost and half my leaves have yet to fall off.