Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cuyahoga Valley NP

What a beautiful fall day in one of the prettiest places we've been in awhile: Cuyahoga Valley National Park in northern Ohio. I wish we would have had more time...we had to get to Pittsburgh in time for some late afternoon appointments Doug had with clients. We had a very brief stop at just one place in the park, Brandywine Falls. Thanks for the tip Melissa! It was such a great day, beautiful weather and not even any fighting in the car. Awesome. We'll definitely have to come back here sometime, as it's just a few hours away for us. Ready to start on the walk down to the falls

Whenever there is a rock to sit on, we're there! (even better if there is also one above you!)


Three girls at Brandywine Falls.


Contemplating the wonders of nature!




Can you see the waterfall peeking out through the yellow leaves?


Perfect! Beautiful autumn colors against a blue sky. God's artwork.




From the top of the falls


I thought this was a pretty spot. This is at the top of the falls where the water is very still before tumbling over. Loved the stillness of it and the fallen leaves on the ground.

Ashlyn wanted to be the leader, so here she is helping us find our way back to the car. Love the leaf-strewn pathway!


Morgan took this one. I loved the sunlight coming through the trees. A photographer in the making!! She also took one of Elise and I, but there was a...um...finger across us!
Thanks Cuyahoga for the fun stop on the way to Pittsburgh!
Now, as for Pittsburgh. This is what we can't figure out: How does Doug's agency cover Pittsburgh when we have to drive THROUGH another agency's territory to get there? However, having said that, we won't complain, because this is beautiful country and because he covers this area it means we'll get to come here occasionally for work. He will be here a lot more than the rest of us, but occasionally we can tag along.
I thought the drive was gorgeous all the way from just outside of Cleveland all the way to Pittsburgh. The fall colors in the hills are awesome. We got here a few hours ago and basically just had time to eat before Doug had to go see a few clients. Thus, the girls and I are hanging out at the hotel for the rest of the evening. Tomorrow, onto the Hershey area and CHOCOLATE!!

2 comments:

Mama D said...

Gorgeous photos! I heart Ohio!!! Glad you are developing a love for it, too. It is a wonderful state.

Yes, I still miss our old home. But we are diligently trying to make our new place 'home' as well...

Years ago, Ray covered Pittsburgh as part of his sales territory. He knows that area very well!

Brianne said...

How fun! I want to go to PA just to take Claire to Sesame Place.