I really enjoy Sundays. They are so much more relaxing and peaceful than other days!
Today after church we didn't have choir so I thought I'd lay down for a half hour or so. Almost 3 hours later, I finally woke up! It did help the fasting go more quickly so that was a bonus. I never sleep that long on Sunday naps, but today just seemed like one of those days. It was great. Doug even napped with me! That never happens!
After dinner (which, by the way, yum! Pork chops, roasted potatoes, broccoli, garlic cheese bread) we decided to go for a walk. Discovered that our neighborhood has a private park. Huh! We are a little slow but do eventually figure things out. The equipment and such are old but it seems to be pretty well maintained. There are two separate playgrounds with epuipment, a walking path, wooded areas, and even a tennis court. I'm going to have to get tennis equipment. Funny thing is, this park is so dang close to us I can't believe we missed it. It's like three houses down from us - and behind the houses and tress on that street. So really, like a two minute walk.
Speaking of walking, I've got to start back up. There is no excuse for me to be so lazy with my exercise. Back to it this week!
Tonight some friends from the ward invited us over for dessert - s'mores we made in the firepit in their backyard. We really need to get a firepit next year, that was a lot of fun. We are meeting so many nice people.
Tomorrow our stake is having a big Labor Day celebration at a local park. Sounds like lots of fun activities for the kids, good food, etc. Then Tuesday - back to school!! We have had the longest summer ever! Louisiana gets out in mid-May and starts in early August, so my kids are getting approximately an extra month of summer than their classmates. Hopefully they remember something they learned last year, since it's just a distant memory!
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment