My parents are the only ones who read this blog who have been here to know what I'm talking about, but since we moved in I hated that things didn't flow very well. If you put furniture in the logical place you had to walk around it. So, we rearranged a bunch of furniture today and it flows a lot better. I'd post pictures but I haven't cleaned yet today...so, um, maybe later.
We made the "homework/music practice/den-type fireplace room" into the formal dining room. It's only a few feet further to walk from the kitchen (it's behind, rather than next to, the kitchen now). That freed up the space where the dining set was to move the piano. Then we put the big couch that was in the "h/mp/d-tfr" in the living room, and moved the loveseat into our bedroom where our bed was. We moved the bed to another wall, and voila! It creates a much better flow. Our bedroom now has a little sitting area where the loveseat, entertainment center, and fireplace are; the new dining room fits in the space perfectly, and the living room seems much more open. The last step will be making the "we don't know what to do with it" room (which is a little room off of our bathroom) the office. It has no power at the moment but we'll run an extension cord to a power strip and be able to put a computer and all the files and stuff in there. It's not an ideal office but it will work.
If I can't spend money, at least I can rearrange the money we've already spent, right?
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Awesome way to use your furniture and space to your best advantage! I love how you are making this house your home.
This sound like alot of work! You have to feel good about your rooms, and you have been there long enough to know how things work, so I'm glad you are still moving forward with the house. I can hardly wait to see it.
Post a Comment