I haven't been feeling well all weekend. Started on Friday actually. Today I feel much better but my voice still sounds "coldy" so I'm skipping choir and posting on the blog instead. Yesterday, all I wanted to do was sleep, which is why I got exactly NOTHING done that I'd wanted to do in my housecleaning/moving in/house remodeling projects. Sometimes God just has other plans for us. I needed the rest I suppose.
Today I was sustained in my new calling, so I guess I can announce that I'll be working in the Young Women presidency in my new ward. Specifically, I'll be working with the 12-14 year old girls, which I am very excited about. I really enjoy working with people this age, it's been a long time but surprisingly I still remembered the theme! I haven't been in YW for 20 years (as a young woman) or served there in 11 (as an adult). The girls seem great and the other women I'll be working with are nice also. So I'll get to watch my kids this year in the primary program after all! Yay for change!
We also met with the bishop today, just a "get to know you" meeting. He was very nice, and I think we're going to like the ward a lot. He also gave Doug a blessing for his hand, which was nice. Doug said it's actually been feeling a little better today, so maybe the meds the doc gave him are working. The bishop also told him to immobilize the hand and let it heal...so I guess I can't force him to put up any more curtain rods for awhile. :-0
Best news this week is that my parents are going to come visit soon! We are excited to see them (it's been a whole few weeks, lol!) and for them to see our new home. We are going to explore some of the fun things in Michigan while they are here. My goal is to have all the painting done by the time they get here in 2 1/2 weeks.
Final blessing for the week: it rained! Which is good because our lawn is really dry and I haven't found the hoses (or the spouts to put them for that matter.) So have mother nature help with that was really nice.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
YW is my FAVORITE calling!! I'm jealous! Enjoy it all - especially being able to see your girls in the primary program this year. :)
Hope you enjoy your new calling, a change, you will be great for the girls, Andrea has just been called into tne Stake YW, I think she was released yesterday!, you two can keep in touch and share.
Post a Comment