Monday, August 10, 2009

Twenty Big Ones

I've hesitated to write this post, because now you'll now I'm ancient. But in the interest of being forthcoming I thought I'd say that last weekend was my 20th high school reunion! That is just unbelievable. I see the words written there and still don't believe them! Twenty years? It seems like yesterday.

I missed my reunion, and now I'm wishing I would have gone. I see the pictures that people are posting on facebook and thinking that I went to school with some pretty great people that I'd like to catch up with. At the time, to be perfectly honest, I could not wait to get out of that place. But looking back at all of the pictures I'm a little nostalgic, and wishing I would have gotten to know more people and been more involved in things. There are lots of things I'd change about high school, but the biggest is that I took it entirely too seriously and did not have enough fun.

I'm really going to try to make the 25th.

No comments: