Sunday, August 2, 2009

Random Stuff

So I just got back from church and thought I'd update a few things.

First, church was great again. This ward has a really good feel to it. Happiness! I also got a calling. Can't say what it is yet until next week, but I will drop these two hints: It's not in the Primary (where I've been for the last 6 years and 8 of the last 10) and it's not in music (where I pretty much always am when I'm not in Primary). I'm excited about it.

Second, happy news! My husband and kids get home tonight!! Yay! I have really missed those kids, although it has helped to be so busy and keep my mind off it. I have to keep reminding myself that I really did get quite a bit accomplished, despite spending way more time on stupid stuff (i.e. wallpaper) than I had planned. I wish I had gotten further in my projects, but really I did get quite a lot done, so THANK YOU to both sets of grandparents for taking the kids and allowing me to devote so much time to the house. And now I guess the little ones will just have to help me instead of me doing it by myself!

Third, another yay to my cousin Kim, who lives here and told me all of the fabulous places to shop. In anticipation of having a family to feed again, I went shopping yesterday. She told me about a fantastic produce market that has really great produce at great prices (that's pretty much all they sell), and another market that has great prices too. Between these two places and Sam's Club I was able to stock up on a bunch of groceries for a good price, and I'm back to cooking! (not thrilled about the cooking part, but it's time!)

I made a decision on the red, but you'll have to wait for pictures because I want the fam to be surprised at all I got done.

Now I think I'll eat lunch and take my Sunday nap!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Speaking of callings in Primary and music... Can you remind what the song was that we learned for April? It will be a miracle if these kids know their songs for our presentation. Things are still not "normal" with singing time. Our chorister has only been there twice out of 5 weeks and I just realized about an hour ago that they were supposed to start learning another song this month. The program will definitely be interesting. Wish you were here even if you don't!

Bonnie said...

You can't say?? It is not like we live there and will tell everyone (and so what if we do)? You might have to call or post on the family site.

Kristen said...

Looks like you are one busy lady! I hope you guys enjoy Michigan, looks like you guys are doing well!