Okay, I am FINALLY (did I say finally? Gee it only took a week!) almost done with the wallpaper removal. I'm down to where I just need to wash the whole wall with warm water to see what I missed. YIPPEE! That "little" project took so much more time than I thought it would. When I left my kids in Utah two weeks ago and dreamed of all the millions of things I'd be able to get done, I did not imagine wallpaper removal taking up 80% of that time (okay, maybe 60%). Anyway....whew, we are now down to deciding what color to put on those now wallpaper-free walls.
I loved my kitchen in Louisiana. Well, I loved the paint color. Actually, I would have gone with a deeper red than I did, but overall I really liked my red kitchen. I'm thinking of doing it again, and would love opinions. Keep in mind that there are three walls in the kitchen. This red paint would be on two of them. The third wall is the one with the fridge and range, and cabinets. I'm planning to do a cream-colored tile there.
The kitchen opens up to the family room, which is sage green with red and tan accents. So I could paint the kitchen the same green and have it all be the same, or paint it a neutral tannish...or be bold and go with the red.
Any thoughts? It's hard for me to picture it with these plum colored countertops staring at me!
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm not a red person at all, but I say do what you like best. We're redoing a bunch of stuff here in our bedroom and bathroom, and as you would expect from me it will be light colors (green and tan). We did buy a dark rug for the family room, and I have a love/hate relationship with it. It makes the furniture look better and more modern, but I really loved my blue and yellow kitchen. As for wallpaper, I'm never going to take if off the walls of the historic parts of this house - I think it's probably all that's holding the walls up! Good thing I love the pastel colors of the paper. I bet you're anxious to get your girls home, aren't you? We loved having them here. Mom
red is great.. go for the red
Post a Comment