Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Place to Play!

This room must have been some type of hobby room. There is some pretty intense lighting which would be great for sewing, or scrapbooking, or art (none of which I do). It was added on to the original house, and connects to the garage, the family room, and outside. It's even heated! We decided to make it a play room and pantry.

I'm not putting any money into it at this point. Eventually something to cover the windows would be nice, and a room divider would be good too. It's a pretty big room though, and with it's easy access to the garage and the family room, it makes a great pantry on one side and enough room for our toys on the other.

I laid down all the little area rugs we had so it wouldn't be just cement floor. So nothing matches, but at least it's soft. I threw the ugly old kitchen table they left in there for games and/or projects. Nothing fancy or amazing here - just a somewhat organized place to play.

I haven't finished getting all of the pantry stuff organized, but here are some pics of the "play" side of the room.

1 comment:

Tonia Z said...

ok... so that looks like fun. at least you have MORE room than you need, rather than LESS! I'm a sewer and a scrapper, so I'm drooling over your space. Love the kitchen redo too. You have been busy