Gorgeous wallpaper, weird sink, plastic paper towel holder (with shop towels!)So, I wondered what we could do with this bathroom without spending a lot of money, and I thought, "hey with all it's weirdness, this would be a great place to put all my New Orleans stuff!!"
I was going to paint it purple (well, a pretty lavendar), but I thought that would really clash with the countertop and we can't afford to change that anytime soon. Then I noticed that almost all of my NO stuff had this same blue color in it, so I went with that. It's very...well...it's very BLUE! But hey, it's a half bath, and it's DONE (other than I need Doug to hang a couple of towel hooks). So here you have the finished NO bathroom!
I still need to hang up the mirror, and there is towel hook that needs to be hung still. The little plate in the corner has a little stand but I haven't found it yet.
I hung a few of our NO pictures we bought when we lived there, added my little joker doll and a flower arrangement...and it's a little piece of our one-time home! Overall, I'm pleased with how this little project turned out.



3 comments:
Personally I think you should have left it exactly the way it was, shop towels and all. What a conversation piece! Think of the new life it would have brought to a dinner party or game night. A whole new world of conversation opened up because someone sued your watercloset. Ah well, I guess you'll find other things to talk about ...
hmm, that would be used - but I suppose they could have sued as well. It was pretty bad :) Plenty of emotional disturbances could have been claimed. Just think, you could have been right back to paying insane hurricane row homeowners insurance rates again with all the law suits you could have had. I think I am tired and need to go to bed! Or maybe I am just jealous because I would love to paint and update and feel a sense of permanence. I do love not worrying about being separated as a family the next time we get transfered though. I'll just have to live vicariously through your renovations :)
What a cute room! I love the idea of using your NO momentos to tie your two homes together.
Post a Comment