Today we freecycled our gerbils. You can see that the girls aren't too happy about it.We found someone to take them who is giving them to her daughter today for her birthday. They have several pets and will take care of them. We are sad to see our little friends go, but know that they will be in a good home.
We were cleaning their cage when the lady called to say she was at the intersection we were going to meet at (a half hour early)...so we hurried and snapped this picture and left. It's probably a good thing because long goodbyes are the hardest.
I helped the lady load it all in her car, then got back in my own car only to see lots of tears. It just got worse as we drove home, and by the time I got out of the car I had three crying girls and we had to have a big group hug right there in the garage. Doug happened to pull up right at that time and wondered what us kooky girls were doing standing in the garage hugging and crying. Hey, saying goodbye to a pet is a hard thing.
It was not too long though before they were asking, "Mom, now that we will have a fenced yard, can we get a dog when we get to Michigan?"



1 comment:
I vote for a dog too.
Post a Comment