I appreciated everyone's comments on my other post. I'm trying to just be calm and rational about the situation. Buying a home is such an ordeal, all the way around! We made a bad decision after trusting the "experts" in Louisiana, which makes this one even more difficult because we don't want to do that again. I am one who has a tendency to see more the big picture rather than the small details. But details are important too. I need to consider both.
Home. There is so much involved in what a home really is. To me, the actual building structure is such a small piece of that. It's community, schools, church, neighbors. Of course your home has to be a comfortable and affordable place to be as well.
Opinions are great things and I have received many over the past few days, from really smart people who know what they are talking about. The home inspector, my contractor brother, my mechanical engineer father-in-law, my excavator/contractor brother-in-law, our realtor, all of my fabulous friends and family. But what it comes down to is this: we as a family have to take all of this in and make a decision that is based not only on costs and potential costs involved, but also on what the Lord is telling us is best for our family.
I'm still thinkin'. :-)
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Just FYI, I've had a revelation that you are supposed to stay here.
Or maybe that was wishful thinking. Or indigestion.
I'm sure you'll make a decision that is right for your family based on all the tools you have at your disposal, including personal revelation, intuition, and data.
Post a Comment