However, at the annual spring concert Monday night, not such a great experience. For one thing, it seemed like there were a lot more kids this time. I guess that's good, but maybe they need to split into two groups?? It was also so hot in that gym!
Anyway, my main complaint was that I could not see my kids! There was a group of obnoxious violinists who stood on the sides (they are supposed to stand in front) right in front of the violists and cellists (i.e. my kids). Even after the guy announced that they weren't supposed to stand there (which I'm sure no one could hear because all of the kids were playing when they weren't supposed to...another ugh). Thus, none of them moved, I could not see Elise at all and Morgan barely. The best pic I could get was this one where I stood clear at the top and tried to look down. You can barely see my little cellist in there. I tried to get right down on the floor to get a better one but that didn't work at all - there was one girl RIGHT in front of Elise. Since she was standing up and the cellists sit down, no such luck.


I don't know how this got flipped but I don't have time to fix it now.
To top the night off, the last number is one of the more difficult ones (show stopper) and all of the first year students don't play on it - so what did half of them do while the other kids were playing? Yep, they packed up and left. Including the parents. So while the last number was going on, lots of people were loudly marching down the bleachers. Lovely concert etiquette. Reminded me of the good old days at BYU devotionals when everyone would leave before the closing prayer.Don't mean to complain. Overall, this program has been fantastic and the teachers are wonderful. It's just this concert.



2 comments:
Ang, I had to smile at your concert woes. We didn't even go to Kea's concert because there was a road closure. Kea plays the cello too. Her first year.
Ah, how sad that your last concert was such a bust! I hate situations like this. People often don't realize how rude they are being. All it takes is common sense and decency - and probably multiple reminders of concert etiquette, that usually fall on the deaf ears of those who need it most. (sigh)
Post a Comment