Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Fun

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

To celebrate V-Day, I did my grocery shopping, cleaned my house, and got my primary music ready for tomorrow. Fun!

No really, after all that stuff, Doug and I sent the kids to a friend's house (she offered because her husband had surgery this week and still doesn't feel like going out), and we had a nice dinner at home ALONE! It was really good - Chicken alfredo, veggies, yummy bread, spinach/avacado/olive salad, and Martinelli's. Candlelight even! It was fun.

Afterwards, we went to our ward dance/dessert. I'm glad we ended up going because there was a very low turnout and I'm glad at least a few of us showed up. The music and cheesecake were fun, and we visited with friends and even danced a few times (Yes, Doug DANCED!). He even dedicated a song to me: "Your Song" by Elton John.

All in all, a fun night. And now finishing up the laundry to top it all off, lol!

2 comments:

Tonia Z said...

love your new layout... and love your pictures of the girls. I can't get Hayden to go dance for the life of me... not sure what your trick is, but you should share it with OTHERS (me)

Mama D said...

This seems typical for me, too - normal every-day stuff even on a holiday, mixed in with a great holiday date! Glad you had such a great day!