Unfortunately, I have been having computer issues so I'm not going to be able to upload photos right now, but we had a really fun visit with Doug's parents. They came down to watch the Utes play in the Sugar Bowl. We didn't do a whole lot of "touristy" things this time, just kind of took it easy. We saw "Tale of Despereaux" which we all loved, and spent a fun New Year's Eve with some friends from the ward. The day of the Sugar Bowl, we went to the zoo, and saw Alabama fans all over the place (at the zoo, walking on the city streets, etc.) but not a Utah fan in sight. Once we got to the Superdome we did see a few Utah fans but they were greatly outnumbered (not surprisingly, since Alabama is so close). We left Doug's parents and a car at the Superdome and came home and watched the game on tv. It was a lot of fun to watch, and we knew that the Gardners would all be happy! When they got home, they were so excited to tell us all about it and it sounds like it was a blast for them.
Saturday night they watched the kids for us while we went on a date (got our January date in! Yes!). We went to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", which was really a great movie. I'm excited to see it again. As soon as we walked in the theatre, we ran into our friends Scott and Jennifer, who happened to be going to the same movie so we sat by them and shared the treats that Jen snuck in!
Holy rain storm when we came out of the theatre! We ran to our car and then drove around town trying to find somewhere new to eat, but since we could hardly see out the windows, we just decided to go to McAlister's and call it good. It was a fun date and we appreciate Grammy and Grandpa watching the kiddos for us.
I drove them to the airport on Monday, and as I was driving away I'm like, "Oh dang, I left them at Arrivals instead of Departures - what was I thinking!!" I was worried that they'd have to walk a long way with all of their many bags - but I guess it was just up the escalator and no big deal. Anyway, we greatly enjoyed our visit and hope we get more visitors soon! We love to see our friends and family from Utah and enjoy showing them around our new hometown.
Apparently their flight was a little late getting into Salt Lake because of weather, and they had quite a treacherous drive home (I do not miss that part of Utah AT ALL!). We are glad they came and had a good time!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Glad you had a wonderful time! Ray and some of the kids watched the game and I thought of you and your in-laws. :)
Post a Comment