Well folks, the pictures I posted was about all the snow we got. It wasn't much, and it didn't last long, but it was fun. They just said on the news that our grand total was 1 inch. I think we probably had less than that at our house, but it melted really fast so it could have been, I guess.
It started snowing at around 8:00, by 10:30 it was done, and by 11:00 it was melted. The kids' teachers did let them go out and play in it, and they wrote little stories about snow. Ashlyn's story was: swsifan (snow is fun), swsikod (snow is cold), santasinis (Santa is nice).
Doug left at 1:30 to head to some appointments west of here. I called him at 4:15 to see how it was going, and he said "you won't believe it". I thought he was going to tell me he was in a ditch or something. But no, he was just approaching Hammond, which should be a 45 minute drive!! I told him he should just turn around and come home but he's going to try to make it. He did allow extra time, so we'll see. Near Hammond, they got 8 inches! There was a truck jack-knifed on the freeway, which was the problem. I just talked to him and he said he has about 94 miles to go and 90 minutes before his first appointment, so he may actually make it in time after all that! He said he is west of Baton Rouge now and the roads are totally clear.
On CNN, they said New Orleans has only had measurable snowfall 7 times in 60 years. So as much as it's fun to see Louisianans think this is a major snowstorm when it's just an average day in Utah, it is a big deal and lots of fun for people. I guess a lot of people checked their kids out of school today so that they could play in the snow. It didn't last long enough here to do that, but it was fun to see it.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey, it is a big deal if you can't remember ever seeing real snow before! When we lived in AL, we had a dusting - less than you got -but the reaction was the same! Freaked out drivers, kids out of school, play in it, watch it melt fast! It wasn't much to us after UT and MA, but to them it was huge. I don't know their record, but it has to be similar to New Orleans.
Fun times!!
Post a Comment