This is kind of a crazy week. Some of it is self-imposed because there are things I could have done before now but put them off, and now I'm working with deadlines! Better get moving!
We got all of our Reflections entries to the district. That ended up being a lot of work to get them all shrinkwrapped and ready to be well-presented. I think we had some awesome entries from our school and we're going to do well at district and state. Today we gave out trophies to the top 3 in each category, and tomorrow morning we give out certificates and ribbons to all of those who were not in the top three but were still sent to district (we can send 8 per category). I'm also completing all of the certificates for those who entered but did not place (that's almost 200 certificates!).
Safety drawings are due tomorrow but all I really have to do for that at the moment is make a list of who entered and get the entries to the judges. Certificates and awards can wait until the first of the year!
Christmas cards and packages are officially on their way after only a 15 minute wait this morning at the post office.
Today I'm going to get all of the neighbor and teacher gifts ready. About 20 of those to do and deliver.
Class parties will be Thursday and since I'm not room mom this year for the first time ever, I have to do NOTHING for that - except send in my assignment. And attend I guess. Yay!
Primary 2009 CD's still need to be made. We like to give those to the kids as Christmas gifts, so they need to be ready by Sunday. I'm also doing a little book with the words to the songs this year.
Saturday we have choir practice (our last big music practice for the year), we perform on Sunday. There is a baptism on Saturday that we're doing the music for. Sunday is bishopric singing/advent night at our house, and Monday night is piano students singing/advent night at our house.
Other than that, I've got nothing to do! Oh, and I'm subbing at Northshore on Friday! What was I thinking taking that job?
Actually, after Sunday things really will be slowed down to a manageable level. I'm making strides.
Our Christmas is going to be pretty laid back. We're having both sets of missionaries for Christmas Eve dinner and a little program...oh that reminds me I need to get the "gag" gifts that we do - McQuivey family tradition. Christmas day I plan to lay around in my jammies all day and do NOTHING!!
Then I have to get my house clean for the inlaws, who are coming in on the 29th to watch the Utes beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on Jan 2nd! We are excited to have Grammy and Grandpa coming to cheer on their Utes!
Not that anyone cares about all that, but I had to sit down for a minute and take a breath, and figure out what to do next. On to the next thing. (P.S. I like to be busy, I function a lot better when I'm busy. I complain about it but I really am so much more productive this way. At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself).
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow. I don't quite know whether to be impressed with your ability to balance so much all at once or to feel inadequate because I can't balance all that stuff without breaking under the pressure! You truly are amazing!
Thanks for commenting on my blog! :)
Post a Comment