Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Sunday








I love the Sunday before Christmas. The music and spirit are always beautiful, the kids are so excited, and we are focused on the Savior perhaps more than on Christmas morning when the wrapping paper is flying.
We gave the girls their Christmas dresses yesterday. They looked so pretty!

In Sacrament Meeting today, our choir sang 4 numbers. Doug and I both sang on three, and he was the accompanist on one and I accompanied on another. The cute little primary kids also sang two songs and they did a great job. For the closing hymn, we did a Sally Deford piano/organ/congregation arrangement of "Joy to the World", with Doug on organ and me on piano. Overall, the music portion went well and more than anything we are just happy that's over!

In Primary, I just let the kids have fun today - pick their own Christmas songs, break out the chimes, etc. I think next week I'll let them do a countdown since it's the last Sunday of the year. Then on to the 2009 program songs!

2 comments:

Mama D said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas Sunday! The girls look beautiful in their dresses.

Cami said...

So cute. We did the same thing and opened up the Christmas clothes Sat. night.