Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blessings

Since tomorrow I'll be busy cooking, eating, cooking, and eating - I thought I'd post about those things I am grateful for today.

My family is amazing - my immediate family, my in-laws, and my extended family. I miss my family a lot at this time of year. My two wonderful parents, my sister, and my four brothers and their families are all great people who do good things. We love each other and support each other, and even more than that, we know each other and like each other. I miss you all and wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

In uncertain times, I'm glad that Doug has a steady job. While it may not pay what I think he's worth, and it causes him to be gone from home a whole lot, he likes what he does and does a good job at it.

Strange as it may sound, I'm really grateful this week for family home evening. This week as I sat there with my husband and three girls, I couldn't help but be thankful for this program. As mentioned in the last paragraph, Doug's job takes him away alot. He's overnight usually one night a week, and late nights the other nights. Sundays his church calling keeps him busy from pretty much 7:00 a.m. until usually 5:00-6:00 p.m. In a nutshell, we don't see him a whole lot, but he always reserves Monday nights for family, and we look forward to that time so much. We don't do anything elaborate, but we always sing, pray, have a scripture and a little lesson, and play a game or something. It's nothing amazing but it's time when nothing else is in the way and we are just together as a family, and I love that.

I'm thankful for a home, even if it is in a place where I'd rather not be. I complain a lot about my house (it's too small, I want more land, I want it to be in another state, etc.) but I realize that there are many people who have nothing at the moment, and I'm grateful that we have a comfortable place where my children can grow up in peace and comfort.

I'm very thankful for good friends - friends old and new, friends from down the street and friends I've never met in person. You all are a great support to me.

Out of time for the moment, but I'll just say I'm grateful for so many things, and I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: