Sunday, October 12, 2008

Primary Program

It's that time of year again: Crisp autumn air (NOT!), leaves changing (NOT!), primary programs!! Now, in most places the crisp autumn air and leaves changing would be true, but not here in Louisiana. Although I will say it's been coolER the last few weeks...although still too hot for my tastes. But even without the crisp air and changing leaves, the primary program is a fall stand-by -- and it's that time of year again!

Today was our first practice for the program. I thought it went fairly well, considering the practices usually are a nightmare but somehow the program itself is always beautiful. We will practice again next week, and the program itself will be on the 26th.

As we were sitting there practicing, I got thinking: "I don't think I've ever had a primary program where my kids have been in it and I've actually been able to sit and watch instead of having a job to do!"

In 2003, M was a Sunbeam, and I was Primary president for her first program.
2004, still PP, still just M in primary
2005, E is now a Sunbeam, M in CTR 6, and I am released as president right before the primary program...and called to be the primary music leader!
2006, we are new to Louisiana and I am playing the piano...in primary, of all places!
2007, all three kids now in primary, and I'm still the primary pianist, with a sense of foreboding that I am going to be the music leader...as I know the music leader is moving that week. Indeed....
2008, I am the music leader...in primary.

Tonight at dinner, I asked Doug, "What do you think the chances are that I might be able to actually WATCH my kids in the program next year?" and he said, "PRETTY GOOD!!"

yeehaw!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Does he foresee a new calling in your future? Maybe RS Pres. or Stake PP? lol.

Angie said...

ew...i hope not one of those! but i think he does realize that a break from primary would be nice for me. i know that's bad, but I really would just love to sit in the audience and watch for once!

Mama D said...

I understand that feeling, having been in Primary for many years - but not as long as you have served. It is really nice to just sit back and enjoy the program without any of the headaches associated with pulling it off. Best wishes that you get to experience that next year!