Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Car!

Wish it was mine!

I was volunteering today at Doug's office. In the midst of scanning in documents, Trish (the awesome agency secretary) asked me if I wanted to come with her and Doug to pick up the new agency car! I've never been in a coveted agency car before, lol!

Anyway, I rode with them to Covington to sign the papers and pick up the car, and it is awesome! It's a 2009 Camry hybrid. Drives so nicely, and it even tells you what mpg you are getting at the moment (We got 40 mpg all the way home!). Doug is mostly excited about some technology (I wasn't really listening to the salesman to get all the details) that allows him to make calls through voice recognition and conduct all kinds of business while driving. Just what we need, more distracted drivers on the road, lol! I guess technically he will be less distracted than usual, at least.

I am thinking in 1 to 1 1/2 years when they go to sell this car...I'm in line! This one is "champagne" and they are getting another one in a few months that is silver. Nice cars!

2 comments:

Brianne said...

is this where my tithing money goes??? lol. sounds like it will be really nice, especially with the high gas prices.

Angie said...

Ha! Not your tithing dollars, but definitely your therapy and adoption dollars! They actually get a pretty good deal - when I saw the price of the car it was less than I expected. And they re-sell them right around 50,000 miles (which is about a year to a year and a half here). Yes the gas mileage is awesome on these hybrids, and I think will only get better as better technology develops.