I took on another PTA responsibility today. Shoot me now.
A couple of months ago, I was asked if I would help as room mom coordinator at Elise's school. Sure, no problem. Then, I was told someone else wanted to do it, so my friend asked if I would work with her on Cultural Arts for the PTA instead. Great.
Last month at PTA, I found out that the person they were going to have do room moms fell through. I knew they really needed to get started on it RIGHT AWAY! So I told them I would do it still if my friend would help me (which she agreed to), but they needed to let me know right away if that's the plan.
I didn't hear anything again until this past weekend, when they said that someone else had stepped forward after all. Okay.
Then at PTA meeting today, they said they still didn't have room mom coordinators. What? And the training meeting is NEXT WEEK! What the heck? So I asked them after the meeting what was going on, and they said that the person who was going to do it doesn't want to do it alone, or be the lead person, so they are still looking.
Well, ladies, the time for "looking" is long since passed. So I told them I'd do it if the other person would help me make up all these folders (about 70!!) that I need to distribute to the room moms. I guess everyone is okay with that.
Soo...it seems like all of my church and PTA responsibilities fall into the next three months, and I'm going to drive myself nuts getting it all done!
-Make 70 folders for room moms
-Gather room mom information from the teachers, and info sheets about each teacher
-Conduct room mom training NEXT WEEK!
-Distribute rules for cultural arts programs to all teachers and administrators
-Start collecting entries for Reflections, Safety Drawings, and Reflections Theme Contests (all due in October and November)
-Find Judges for all of the above contests
-Make sure all entries meet the requirements and get them to the judges
-Make certificates for all children who participate in the contests
-Order trophies for the winners in the contests
-Forward school winners to the district
-Get all music ready for the children's presentation at church
-Make CD's for primary music for 2009 (which includes actually choosing music this year - the first time I've ever seen that!! - Usually the church assigns the song each month. For 2009 there are 4 assigned songs, 2 months where you can choose from 2 songs, and 2 months where it is completely your choice). Normally I would think it was great to be able to choose the music, but considering I have all of this to do before December, it's a little overwhelming.
Not to mention that I need to get costumes together for Halloween (my least favorite holiday ever), plan Thanksgiving, and Christmas shop. Oh and plan singing nights for December, which is our family tradition.
Just a few things! It's not even that I took on a lot, because I like to be involved. It's just that everything I took in happens in the 4th quarter of the year!! Duh!
Please, someone teach me how to say no! At least how to say no to 4th quarter stuff! Isn't the 4th quarter already busy enough with the holidays without adding in all this other stuff? Next year I'm signing up for spring beautification and field day instead!
Oh, and I'm on the mini-grant decision committee and helping with Singing Bee auditions all day one day next week.
Yep, I'm an idiot. Just a stay at home mom, sitting at home eating bon-bons!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I work way less hard than you do, and I get paid. Plus I do stay home all day and eat bon bons. Well, not bon bons, really. Mark and I have gotten into microwave smores. Which are sort of like bon bons, except they have more calories and you only need two of them.
Just get a FT job. Srsly. You'll have more time for the fam.
[snark!]
Somebody needs to hire you an assistant! What is Singing Bees? Public school stuff or something my kids could participate in? Just curious :)
Amy :o)
Wow Angie, you are really involved which is great but that is seriously a lot on your plate. Good luck with it all. If I knew how to say no myself then I would give you advice, sorry.
we all need lessons how how to say no; actually I need to learn to say no, without feeling guilty. Your room-mom job really will be easy, I promise (I can say that since this is the first year I'm NOT doing it- LOL!) I sent you an e-mail with some advice - and always feel free to ask me questions! Next year I'll be back to that school and may be doing it again. Ugh!
You're a bit crazy, but you seem to thrive on being busy. You will be able to accomplish it all and do it well. Your school is lucky to have you!
Post a Comment