Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike

Ike is a nasty storm! We are not taking a direct hit but are still getting a lot of wind. Very little rain so far, though. What's amazing is to see the storm surge, even as far from the storm as we are. As I've driven around today I've seen lots of yards with sitting surge water - so far nothing getting into homes around here, but further south and west of us they definitely are having flooding in Louisiana from this storm! I'm really sad for the Galveston area, this doesn't look like it is going to be good for them at all.

1 comment:

Mama D said...

We were hit with remains of Ike Sunday afternoon - winds gusting to 74 mph and power out for 37 hours. Some in our area are still out or just getting power back. We had trees fall in our backyard - one landed on the sun room and house, but did only minor damage except for the broken outer pane in one of my daughter's bedroom! Can't imagine what it must have been like in Galveston and Houston!