Friday, July 18, 2008

Successful banana bread!

For 37 (okay, not the whole 37) years, I've been messing up banana bread. It's always overdone on the outside and underdone on the inside. Even if I cook it longer at a lower temp, it always fails. The outsides are pretty good but the inside is mush.

When I was at Bonnie's a few weeks ago, she made some that was really good, so I thought I'd try her recipe. Although she makes almost everything better than I do so I wasn't expecting amazing results.

Well, I found an altitude conversion chart online because all my recipes are from Utah and I've had the darnedest time baking down here! I made the adjustments and baked up the bread tonight...and it was perfect!

Thanks Bonnie for the recipe, and yes mom my "attitude adjustment" worked very well, lol.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad it worked. Sometimes it is just finding the right recipe.

Mama D said...

Hooray for successful banana bread!

I use my great grandma's recipe. We give mini loaves to our friends and neighbors at Christmas time. We now have friends who eagerly look forward to their expected loaf! However, there have been years when the inside was still not done...

My biggest problem is pies. I still haven't successfully made my grandma's lemon meringue pie...