Thursday, July 3, 2008

I miss Macey's!

Today we decided to do a little shopping, at the distribution center (where we bought CTR rings for probably the 10th time!) and at our old favorite music store to buy piano music. Ashlyn got her first set of piano books and she is very excited to start. We've always done our kids in Bastien, but Doug wants to try Piano Adventures now.

Then we went to my all time favorite grocery store, Macey's. I miss it! I know that's stupid, but I really love Macey's and loved supporting them because they do a lot for the community. I even ran into an old friend from our old ward there, and someone I used to work with years ago. It was fun to visit with them. Since today they were celebrating the 4th, they had a live band out front and a carnival-like thing going on, with super-cheap food, face painting, games and stuff. I still haven't found my "Macey's" yet in Louisiana!

Oh, and I made Doug get a haircut next door at Great Clips because we are getting family pictures on Sunday!

Tonight Doug's sister Lisa invited us over for a barbecue at her house in Cedar Hills. Doug's sister Pam and her family were also there. It was fun to see everyone, but I forgot to take any pictures! I'll have to make sure I take some tomorrow!

Tomorrow we are having Doug's good friend Merrill and his family over for breakfast, and then going back to grandma's to swim again, then home to make food. At 5:00 there is a barbecue at Bonnie's house, and then some of us are going to Stadium of Fire while Doug stays home and watches the little kids. Miley Cyrus is performing this year - quite the adventure! So we are excited for that.

Hard to believe that this loooong trip is winding down. Saturday we'll head back down to Southern Utah and leave right after Holden's blessing on Sunday. I'm not looking forward to the days on the road, but it will be nice to be back in our own beds and routines again too.

No comments: