I was going to say in my Les Mis post that John Preator played the roles of Rolfe and Marius. He was so good! For those who don't know who he is, he was on American Idol a few years ago (2004 season I think). He made it to the top 20 or something. I didn't care for him too much then, but I'm a fan after seeing him play these roles, especially Marius. He was really good.
Okay, now back to my extremely important reason for posting tonight: we're just veggin' and I'm bored. So hi everyone!
We drove up to the UC today and are staying at Doug's mom and dad's house. THe funny thing about staying here is that they are vacationing in New York so they aren't even here! So, we're just using and abusing their house, and having a great time. Doug's been watching movies on the surround sound big screen, and I've been catching up on internet stuff. Thanks mom and dad Gardner for letting us use your house when you aren't even here! (They just moved into this new house about a year ago, so we haven't been here much yet).
This evening, we were going to take the kids to Cafe Rio, because Doug simply cannot come to Utah without going there. But just as we were about to leave, Pam (Doug's sister) called and said that Kasey and Kaitland would love to babysit if we wanted to go out - so we ended up going to Cafe Rio alone! Woo hoo! Okay, now that I don't live here anymore, I can admit that Utah is a pretty quirky place. I noticed while we were in line at Cafe Rio (they are famous for their lines!) almost everyone we saw was either pregnant or had 5 kids with them. I kid you not, I heard at least 3 conversations while we were in line about "my ward" or "my mission", and as we sat down I noticed that most of the crowd had curious white fabric peeking out from under their shorts. Great place, but funny.
We were going to try to catch a movie, but couldn't find anything we wanted to see, or that started near that time, so we just drove around instead. We drove out to the neighborhood where we were going to build our house before we moved to Louisiana. We decided that we're glad that didn't work out, as it is a neighborhood just like our current one (with cookie-cutter houses sitting practically on top of each other!). We like our cute little house, but don't like that it has a teeny tiny yard and that all the houses look the same. Well, at least we know what we want next time, right?
We came home and visited with our babysitter neices (they are going to be in 10th grade next year) - they are the funniest girls. Total cuties with fun personalities. They said they are saving up their money so they can come see us in Louisiana. Hope it works out! Hard to believe they are almost 16 - they were just cute little twins (4 years old) when I first met them and couldn't tell them apart. I can now though, I'm so proud of myself! :-) We miss our favorite babysitters!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Amen on quirky! Utahn's drive me nuts. It's not the state that drives me nuts, but the majority of the people in it. Now that doesn't mean everyone, but you get my drift! Also ditto to the cookie cutter homes. I would love a custom home one day, but that would mean Ty would need a new job!! LOL! LDSFS would never pay enough!
When we first moved out of UT, I would get so offended at all the "UT Mormon" comments. After most of 21 years "outside," I can see where the (mis)perceptions come from, and even agree with some of them!
Gotta love quirky people, wherever they are!
True comments Kimberlee and Michelle! I think most Utahns are great people - I am one of them! And I think that this state is absolutely gorgeous. I just think it's funny because sometimes we Mormons in Utah forgot that not everyone is one, and the conversations can be funny. Good people, but quirky. I honestly don't think I could live in Utah County again - for one thing the traffic is a nightmare, and for another thing it's just a little too happy-valley for me. Although I do really like Salt Lake and St. George areas.
Post a Comment