Sunday, June 22, 2008

Swimming Fun

We had a great pool party tonight at grandma's, to help celebrate the birthdays of Ashlyn and Haven (yesterday) and Myles (tomorrow). There was a great turnout of:

Grandma McQuivey
My Uncle Jay and Aunt Mili (for a minute)
My Uncle Roy and Aunt Christine
My Cousin Travis, his wife Sherri, and kids Taylor, Riley, Mason, Myles, and Sarah
My Cousin Keri and her husband Derek and son Deacon
My Sister Bonnie and her husband Tracy, and kids Alexa, Hayden, and Katie
My Brother Michael and his wife Misty, and kids Ammaron, Haven, and Annica
Doug's sister Pam, her husband David, kids Melissa and Celia, and grandson Elias
Doug's sister Lisa, her husband Thayne, and kids Liz, Lauren, Julia, and Alex

I listed everyone's names just because some of them are listed in the slideshow. I tried to get pictures of all the kids, but when I looked at them I did miss a few. Sorry - lots going on! Anyway, we had fun, and after we swam for awhile we had cake and ice cream and sang to all the birthday kids.

When everyone left, my family and Bonnie's and Mike's went back to grandma's condo to change and visit. A bunch of the younger kids were playing outside on the porch, and Bonnie went to check on them. She could see Hayden and Ammaron but none of the girls. So she said, "the girls aren't out here!" and Hayden said, "Oh yes they are, they are just in jail!". I guess they had sent the girls to jail on the porch swing while they watched guard at the gate.

I thought it would be a cute picture, but by the time I got out there the girls had escaped, so I told them to go back so I could get the picture. Ammaron yelled out, "Back to jail!" and the girls obediently dropped to their hands and knees and crawled back to jail. I didn't get my camera in time to show all of them, but I did get Haven crawling. Then a picture of the girls in jail, and then a picture of Hayden and Ammaron keeping guard. The last photo of the slide show is Ammaron striking his jail keeper pose - I thought it was really cute but missed it the first time because my camera was too slow in between takes.

Anyway, we had a great night and it was really fun to see everyone and visit.

2 comments:

Dancersmama said...

How fun!! Whose pool? I would love to have a pool about now, it's soooooo hot! Looks like a fun time w/ lots of cousins and aunts and uncles!

Rebecca McQuivey said...

That looked like so much fun! I wish we could have been there. I am really pretty home sick. We miss the family back in Utah!