Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our old house-part 1




This is my grandma's house in Pleasant Grove, where we lived from when Morgan was a baby until 2 years ago when we moved to Louisiana.
The short story about the house is that my grandma's old home got flooded and had to be torn down, so she had this one built. While it was being built, she lived with my uncle and decided to stay with him when the house was finished. She was just going to rent it out, so Doug and I decided to live in it. We sold our condo in Provo and moved our family in just before Christmas in 2000.
We offered to buy it a couple of times but she didn't want to sell.
Long story short...it was home to us, and a great place to live - at least for awhile until the growth went crazy around us. We were lucky to have such a nice, new, big home for so long.
My uncle passed away a few years ago, and grandma now lives in an apartment in the basement and a cousin lives upstairs. I took a few pictures of the place now so Doug can see what it looks like now. We did so much work in that yard! It hasn't been kept up as much, but I still miss the place. Lots of good memories there, and I miss the space! It's about two and a half times the size of the house we live in now, and on a half-acre lot that I really long for! Anyway, seeing it today was kind of bittersweet, as this was the place where I raised my little ones.
There is a kind of sad part 2, which I'll post later tonight (my servant Bonnie almost has dinner ready!mmmm....)

3 comments:

Dancersmama said...

Beautiful Home! I bet you wish you could go back!

McQuivey said...

These pictures bring back memories for me too, lots of parties, baby showers, bridal showers, FUN TIMES!

Angie said...

To answer Kimberlee, yes, I do want the house itself back! I miss the space! Our house now has about 1400 sq feet and this one has about 3600. But the ward was really getting annoying, so we weren't too sad to leave overall! It was definitely time to move on.