Monday, June 9, 2008

Box Gardening

This is a photo of my mom and dad's newly installed box garden. I think it looks great! They took out about half of their back lawn to do it. This is something I might try next year.
This is a picture of the new shed that Ryan and his guys built. They have decorated it really cute with mom's gardening stuff inside. The girls like to use it as a school, and this is a photo of all the little girls (my three and cousins Delaney and Hadley) when they came out of "school" for recess. They played so cute together!

5 comments:

Ann said...

We have a small box garden (just one) in our back yard, too. Our soil is so wet and clay-filled that we're pretty sure nothing would grow there. We started with just one, because it was kind of expensive to build. It just did OK last year, but we're hoping to build on what we learned last year.

I like the idea of taking out yard, and your parents have done a beautiful job of setting the boxes off. I will show Calvin and make him get to work!

Dancersmama said...

OMG, I love your mom & dads box garden(s) and it all looks so quaint and cute back there! Tom & Fran planted box gardens, she wants me to come take a look. I really want Ty to make me some now! Even if we just started with it small. You and I will have to talk about it when you get back and make a plan. Maybe we could do them together?!?

Keri and Derek said...

Angie- I'm so glad you found us!! I would love for you to look in on us and I will do the same. We just recently went to DC too. Great experience. Your kids are getting so big. I'm glad we can keep up!

MnM McQuivey's said...

I love the yard and can't wait to see it. The kids look like they are having a lot of fun. We can't wait to see you all!

Cami said...

Very nice. We're excited to see everyone.