



So, Alexa's birthday is not until Monday, but she celebrated with us tonight because we are heading out in the morning back to Southern Utah to pick up Doug on Saturday and then see some shows at Tuacahn before coming back up next Wednesday.
I know I've been long-winded in my posts lately, but I have to tell you the story of Alexa. Eleven years ago when she was born, I was 26, single, and no real prospects of marriage (oddly enough, my first date with Doug was just a few weeks after she was born!). I told Bonnie I didn't know if I'd ever experience childbirth or not, and she said she'd think about letting me come in for the delivery.
I was visiting with a laboring Bonnie when suddenly she said it was time to push. The doctor wasn't close, Tracy had run to the bathroom, and it was just pretty much Bonnie and I. We summoned the nurse, and she got everything moving...Tracy made it back in time, and before we knew it, the doctor was telling Tracy and I to stand on either side and...before we could discuss if I would be there or not, Alexa Danielle was here.
That was one of the most amazing experiences of my life - even more than having my own kids in some ways, because I was so out of it with them! Maybe Heavenly Father knew I would be pretty much comatose when I delivered and allowed me this special experience with my sister and niece. Anyway, it really was a neat thing, and who would know that less than 2 years later, Morgan would be here and the two of them have always been great friends.
Alexa is a sweetheart, and she gets along so well with all my girls. I'm glad we could be here to help celebrate her birthday, even if it's a few days early. Here are some photos of the fun tonight!



2 comments:
What a neat experience! Looks like a fun party.
Gotta love cousins! Looks like fun!
Post a Comment